A 71-year-old man popularly known as Baba Jos in the Aba Alamu area of Apata, Ibadan, has reportedly died after smoking a dangerous drug known as colorado.
Baba Jos, who until his death was a landlord in the community, died last Sunday.
The old man, who was notorious for being addicted to alcohol and tobacco, fell into coma immediately after taking the drug and eventually gave up the ghost three days after.
Sources at the Aba Alamu community informed newsmen that after collecting rents from some of the tenants in the 16-room one-storey building he inherited from his late mother, Baba Jos visited a joint to take alcoholic drinks and cigarettes as usual.
According to reports, the old man reportedly met some boys smoking colorado at the joint, and they invited him to join them.
“Baba Jos, who had not tasted the hard drug before agreed and started smoking the stuff, because he was already drunk”, one of the sources explained.
The source further explained that immediately the man smoked the stuff, he started defecating on his body uncontrollably.
Initially, people at the joint were making jest of him, until he suddenly fell into coma and was rushed into his house located close to the joint.
“It was unfortunate that the old man did not come out of the coma until he died last week Sunday”, one of his tenants lamented.
However, when FreshNews correspondents visited the joint around 2pm on Sunday, the place was deserted.