- During 8th National Assembly & indeed May 15, 2015, a cyber Bill now called “CYBERCRIME Act 2015” was signed into the law by their “hero of Democracy” Goodluck Jonathan.
A PDP-led NASS passed the law which covers cyber -bullying that Sowore is charged and not Insult!👌🏾
- Nigerian Cybercrime Act 2015 gives the President the power to designate computer systems, networks and information infrastructure vital to the National Security for the economic & social well being of its citizens as modeled US/EU National Infrastructure Protection Plan.
- Nigeria Cybercrime Act (NCA 2015) prescribes death penalty for an offense committed against a system of network that has been designated critical National Infrastructure that results in d death of an individual such as NNPC, telecommunication.
- Under NCA 2015, HACKERS if found guilty of unlawfully accessing a computer system or network are liable to a fine up to N10million or a term of imprisonment of 5years (depending on d purpose of hack). Same punishment is also meted out to Internet Fraudsters in any form.
- NCA outlaws CYBER-STALKING & CYBER- BULLYING & prescribes punishment ranging from a fine of not less than N2m or imprisonment of a term not less than 1year or to both fine and imprisonment up to a term of 10years of a fine of not less than N25m or both to fine & imprisonment.
- NCA 2015 prohibits cyber squatting which is registering or using an Internet domain name with a bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else.
- NCA 2015. Pls read it gently:“ ALLOWS for the INTERCEPTION of ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION” by way of a court order by a JUDGE where there are REASONABLE grounds to suspect that the content if any electronic communication is reasonably required for d purpose of criminal investigation.
- Read about EU cyber security Act as well as US version.
- The law is there.
For the record “CYBERCRIME Act 2015”: If anyone is stalking or bullying you on Social Media, you can take advantage of this law.