“One hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name” – courtesy of a revered Historian
(Otonti Nduka). In the same vein, the future of any development could be determined by the FIRST MAJOR STRIDE TAKEN in performance – “To be or not to be…?”
It sounds almost incredible that Ekiti State that was fast-becoming a “right-off” and a burden in performance-delivery in the minds of some observers could, within 365 days of administration, transform or metamorphose into a unique center of excellence, thus wooing the hearts of its well-wishers!
This is HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS to Dr John Kayode Fayemi who was determined, resolute and resolved, more than ever before, to reclaim and re-position the lost glory of Ekiti State.
THE SECRETE BEHIND DR KAYODE FAYEMI’S INSPIRING, MEMORABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Quality choice of the Crew in the Ship of Life in governance, with JKF as Captain of Hope.
Painstakingness, thoroughness, high sense of direction and unimpaired intelligence in the Choice
of his Deputy Governor – Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi – a Man of the People, faithful, loyal, consciencious and dynamic lieutenant in administration, as well as other members of his Cabinet have earned the Governor
inspiring success in performance.
- Dr Kayode Fayemi is lucky to be blessed with God-sent “Partner-in-progress” – his amiable, goal-getter
and purposeful wife – Erelu Bisi Fayemi – who, apart from ensuring a peaceful, comfortable and enabling Home, complements the governor’s efforts in recording enviable achievements in administration. A heavyweight supporter and adviser in developing the State. An intelligent, caring, responsive and compassionate pride of womanhood.
- Dr Kayode Fayemi, a distinguished politician whose developmental strategy covers all essential sectors, devoid of discrimination.
- The Governor’s Education Policy, emphasising Human Capital Development, has put bright smiles on the faces of teachers, students, parents and the community, at large, with special reference to the motivation, incentives he gives to enhance effective participation in achieving results. Through this strategy, the governor has succeeded in paving the path for plucking the honour of academic excellence for the State, thus sustaining the ever-flowing Fountain of Knowledge, convincing the world of the State’s Virtues and Values, once again. Ekiti State now more recognised as “Land of Honour”.
- Agriculture, Medicare, Judiciary, Sports Academy, as well as creating a feasible Economic roadmap, have been given a pride of place and attention, through dynamic planning and impressive execution of programmes to develop the State.
- Unmotorable, death-trap roads in some towns have been given deserved attention, while reconstruction and rehabilitation of deplorable roads are in focus to be handled.
- Youth development and women empowerment have the irrevocable attention of the Governor, convinced that the Youth are, not only the blessing of society, but the tripods on which future development of the people rests.
- Dr Kayode Fayemi has listening ears and “eagle eyes”, with the door of his administration remaining wide-open for constructive ideas to develop the State.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi is neat, decent, smart, responsible ad responsive to the yearnings and aspirations of the people he governs. A man of decorum and standard who leads by example, with honesty of purpose, setting the pace for others to follow.
- The worthiness of Dr Kayode Fayemi as a distinguished Man of Principle, wizardry in administration and high integrity, indisputably earned him the enviable position as CHAIRMAN, NIGERIA GOVERNORS’ FORUM – a distinguished position for a cerebral personality like Dr Kayode Fayemi.
On a final note, a piece of gold shines more gloriously when seen against the background of darkness.
Governor Kayode Fayemi’s 2nd Coming to administer Ekiti State is divine blessing to write the visible wrongs and redress, with comfort, the psychological trauma of the victim-indigenes of the State.
The above brief assessment of Governor Kayode Fayemi’s 365 Days in administration is just a slice of the content on his Scorecard. Any meticulous reference to details of his one-year achievements, through this confined medium, is a special assignment to produce a Book for Publication and posterity reference.
Meanwhile, HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS AND FELICITATIONS TO OUR PROGRESSIVE GOVERNOR, AS HE REMAINS CELEBRATED ON THE MILESTONE ACHIEVEMENTS RECORDED FOR GENERATIONS TO LAUD AND APPRECIATE.
PRINCE BAYO ADENIRAN, JP
PRINCIPAL EMERITUS OF NIGERIA (PEN)