This is to inform the general public that through our intelligence led community policing in tertiary institutions in Ekiti State.
- Reliable information at our disposal has it that there would be an unlawful assembly and celebrations of these secret cult groups known as “Aiye Confraternity” “Buccaneer” also known as “Alora” day and “Eiye Confraternity”.
- Member of the public are to be on the lookout for these groups with the following identification:
(a) Aiye Confraternity they appear in black beret with axe inscription and the likely date of celebration is 7th of July, 2019.
(b) Buccaneer also known as “Alora” they appear in yellow beret with ship and anchor sign the likely date of celebration is 7th of July, 2019.
(c) Eiye Confraternity; they appear in Blue beret and yellow socks. Likely date of celebration is 8th of August, 2019.
- With this information, we employ the general public as a partner in community policing effort to provide the Police Command adequate information at any time when such place for unlawful gathering is sighted.
- The Command is using this medium to also inform parents and guidance to warn their children; if anyone is caught, such person will be dealt with in accordance with the rule of law and prosecuted. “To be fore warned is to be fore armed”.
- By this press release, student of tertiary institutions are advised not to allow themselves to be wheedled into any of these secret cult groups.
- The Commissioner of Police Ekiti State Command, CP. AMBA ASUQUO psc., wish to assure the good people of Ekiti State of the Command firm commitment to sustain the war against crimes by taking the battle to the door steps of criminal elements in furtherance to our goal to guarantee the safety and security of Ekiti State.
DSP. CALEB IKECHUKWU,
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (PPRO),
FOR:COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
EKITI STATE COMMAND,