NERC ISSUES PERMIT TO METER ASSET PROVIDERS (MAP)
- NERC ISSUES PERMIT TO METER ASSET PROVIDERS (MAP)
The Commission issued permits to Meter Asset Providers (MAPs) on 5th April 2019, in accordance with section 4(3) of the MAP Regulations 2018, to MAPs that were successful in the procurements conducted by Abuja and Jos Discos.
- Section 4(3) of the MAP Regulation 2018 requires all electricity distribution licensees to engage MAPs that would assist, as investors, in closing the metering gap and thus eliminating the practice of estimated billing in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (“NESI”).
- AEDC has appointed Mojec International Limited, Meron Consortium and Turbo Engineering Limited to provide 487,000, 213,000 and 200,000 meters respectively while JEDC has appointed the Triple 7 and Mojec International Limited consortium to provide 500,000 meters.
- @NERCNG has directed that the rollout of meters shall commence no later than the May 1, 2019.
- Customers of AEDC & JEDC should expect from the take off of rollout date for meters to be installed in their premises within 10 working days of making payment to MAPs in accordance with section 18 (3) of the MAP Regulations 2018.
- MAPs shall charge a maximum of N36,991.50 for single phase meters and N67,055.85 for three phase meters. These costs are inclusive of supply, installation, maintenance and replacement of meters over its technical life.
- The Commission shall monitor closely the rollout plan of distribution licensees and overall compliance with the regulation and various service agreements by the MAP and electricity distribution licensees.