EKITI STATE EXCO RESOLUTION OF THE IRREGULAR APPOINTMENT INTO THE PUBLIC SERVICE BETWEEN 2014-2018
Following the submission of the Report of the Committee constituted by the State Government to review the irregular appointments made into the Public Service between 2014-2018, the State Executive Council’s decisions are as Follows:
- His Excellency Dr John Kayode Fayemi has directed the Head of Service to collate all available vacancies in the Civil Service, with the overhead implications, to enable the State Government prepare to recruit suitable and qualified Ekiti Citizens into the Public Service, irrespective of the party affiliations
- The officers reinstated into the Local Government Service Commission between October 16th 2014, and October 15th 2018, are to be reabsorbed by the relevant Personnel Boards, and migrated to biometric payroll with immediate effect.
- All 272 officers employed by the Governor Fayose Administration, who are still on manual payroll, shall be considered for absorption into the Civil Service but on case-by-Case basis. Absorption will be conditional on availability of vacancies.
- The 169 officers recruited in 2014 but had their appointments terminated by the Governor Fayose Administration, shall be considered for reabsorption by the Ekiti State House of Assembly Service Commission, But on a Case-by-case basis. Reabsorption will be conditional on availability of vacancies in their previous offices of appointment.
- Officers dismissed between October 16th, 2014 and October 15th 2018 in the following Ministries should go to the Office of Establishment to ascertain their current status.
Ministry Of Justice – 1Officer
Ekiti State Internal Revenue – 1 Officer
Ministry Of Environment – 1 Officer
Hospital Management Board 3 Officers
Teaching Service Commission 2 Officers
SUBEB 1 Officer
Min. Of Works & Transport 1 Officer
- All appointments made after the Gubernatorial Election of July 2018, an exercise found to have violated due process, are hereby cancelled and declared null and void. All affected persons are advised to participate in the next recruitment exercise to be announced in due course.
Aare Muyiwa Olumilua
Information, Tourism & Values Orientation