EKITI STATE’S 2-MONTH GOVERNANCE: GLORIOUS PATH OF VALUE RESTORATION CELEBRATED
BY PRINCE BAYO ADENIRAN, JP
OTONTI NDUKA – An acknowledged intellectual Historian – once asserted: “One hour of glorious Life is worth an age without a name”. This universal assertion passes a signal of caution and admonition, placing value of recognition on performance of any individual or group in any circumstance, realising that history is a faithful record of performance and activities – positive or negative. There is always a TOMORROW!
A State of Honour once woke up, at dawn, to become a bewitched victim of misdirection, misgovernance and derailed moral values. It was “Catastrophe at Dawn”, yearning for Redemption and Restoration.
16th October, 2018 was the Breeze of Comfort, as the Pendulum of Hope tilted for the warm embrace of JKF of Ekitiland, beaming with smile, enthroning 2nd Coming of a visionary strategist to wade off the pains and anguish inflicted on innocent citizens, through misdirection and lethargic tendences.
Dr John Kayode Fayemi assumed office as visionary Governor, Ekiti State, mapping out strategies of adequate planning in governance, responsiveness, honesty of purpose, transparency, setting goals, with human face in administration, to ensure monumental progress and development for posterity to laud and appreciate.
JUST WITHIN 2 MONTHS, Ekiti State was on the wholistic Roadmap to Restore its pristine Values and reclaim the bewitched Land of Honour, thus somersaulting the callously inflicted disaster on innocent, defenceless citizens.
- Education, which was “commodity on sale” then, became Free, with immediate effect – students and their parents, effortlessly, became relieved; smiles were visibly seen on teachers’ faces as Car and Housing Loans Scheme for them was announced, backed up with substantial amount; SEPIP, world bank sponsored Education Programme, to boost Vocational Training and ensure expertise, became success story again in the State etc. Ekiti State was one of the few beneficiary States in the Federation. Thanks to JKF!
- Regular payment of salaries and pensions resumed as it was in JKF’s 1st Coming, with a promise
(a vow) to pay all arrears (backlog) within 12 months of his assumption of office.
- Recognition for Civil Servants and Teachers, with assurance to improve their welfare and ensure job satisfaction. The Civil Service remains the engine room of governance to be given priority attention.
- Human Capital development already mapped out for attention.
- Economy and Security of the State on the realistic path of development.
- Social Security, Poverty Alleviation in active process of achievement.
- Repositioning Life of the Youth, with assured employment, a priority.
- Moral decadence in society, with frustration on many faces, on its way out…
- Personal Pride of being an Ekiti indigene, with Values and Virtues, being captured for Restoration.
Incontrovertibly, JKF’s 2- month people’s progressive Administration is convincing of many more inspiring achievements throughout the rest of his tenure. SO, LET IT BE, IN JESUS NAME!
CONGRATULATIONS, DR JOHN KAYODE FAYEMI!! To Sustain, Strengthen and Multiply JKF’s Achievements requires our obligations through:
i). Prayers ii. Co-operation and support for his administration iii). Obedience to Law and Order iv). Faithfulness to tax payment v). Patriotism to be unconditionally demonstrated. vi. Forthrightness, Honesty of purpose, Sincerity, commitment and Loyalty of the various political groups within APC, Civil Servants, Teachers, Agencies, Men and Women of goodwill as well as the Youth and every community in the State, etc ALL HANDS SHOULD BE ON DECK TO RECORD MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENTS FOR EKITI STATE. THE STATE BELONGS TO US ALL. MAY GOD BLESS EKITI STATE.</code></pre></li>