WITH THIS VICTORY, THE TIME TO THINK AND ACT “EKITI FIRST” IS NOW!!
The Chief Segun Oni (CSO) brand must be credited for the innovative idea of testing and expanding the depth of our democracy through the exercise of their democratic Right and freedom.
- My eye witness account and interactions with other party members present at the Federal High Court Ekiti, leaves me no option than to declare that “enough is enough”!!!
- The court case instituted by Engineer Segun Oni against Governor Fayemi was heard, where the judge rightly gave judgement on the issue of eligibility. COURT DISMISSES. SEGUN ONI’S CASE AGAINST FAYEMI. JUSTICE UCHE AGOMOH HELD THAT ONI’S CASE LACKS MERIT. THE COURT HELD THAT FAYEMI WAS ELIGIBLE TO CONTEST THE JULY 14 GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION. THE COURT HELD THAT FAYEMI WAS VALIDLY NOMINATED BY APC AND THE PURPORTED INDICTMENT BY COMMISSION OF INQUIRY BY PANEL SET UP BY FORMER GOVERNOR FAYOSE CANNOT STAND HAVING BEEN SET ASIDE BY A COURT OF COORDINATE JURISDICTIONS.
- Dr Fayemi was not a career civil servant and he enjoyed his employment at the mercy of the President, he does not need to resign unless the President asked him to resign.
- Did Engineer Segun Oni resigns his own appointment too as the Chairman of a government parastatal?
- Dr Fayemi in a statement said Engr. Oni did the right thing by going to court to challenge the process and not resorting to self help
The rumour mill was fast churning out fakenews because of delayed proceedings….
The case initially meant for 11am was announced moved to 12am then to 1:30PM….
3:30 PM was the time the judgement delivery commenced.
And the atmosphere was so thick that a knife will cut!!!
A moderately capacity filled courtroom…..The surprise was the familiarity amongst the nearly 100 persons spectator present. As pleasantries were exchanged, that suspicious snag look wasn’t absent.
The delayed commencement had worn many down, particularly the spectators…. Phone batteries down, hence limited genuine and accurate information was getting out to the public.
APC Elders forum had counseled against this Law suit, emissaries were sent from party seniors and youths calling for an end to all forms of hostility from and within intra party caucus.- https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/apc-elders-plead-with-oni-to-withdraw-case-against-fayemi-id8796981.html
Insiders told TheCable that when he was confronted by Adams Oshiomhole, the national chairman, at the secretariat on Tuesday over the report, he denied having anything to do with it.- https://www.thecable.ng/insider-onis-supporters-plotted-disqualification-suit-fayemi
Two national leaders of the party, Bola Tinubu and Bisi Akande, issued a statement on Tuesday challenging Oni to publicly deny having anything to do with the suit, but he has not done so 24 hours later. – https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-akande-ask-segun-oni-to-publicly-dissociate-himself-from-court-action-against-fayemi
TheCable also reported his denial, but the drama did not end there.- https://www.thecable.ng/oni-denies-asking-court-to-revoke-fayemis-apc-candidacy
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has appealed to his supporters and entire members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state to see the eligibility suit instituted by ex-Governor Segun Oni and Monday’s court ruling as part of the beauty of democracy.
Dr Fayemi in a statement said Engr. Oni did the right thing by going to court to challenge the process and not resorting to self help. Going to court to seek redress or judicial interpretation of contentious issues would help in deepening our democracy. In this particular case, Ex-Governor Oni has done the right thing in seeking the intervention of the court. Now that a court of competent jurisdiction has given the issue an appropriate interpretation, the Governor appealed to his and Gov Oni’s supporters to remain calm and now focus on achieving victory for APC in the forthcoming elections.