Yesterday, reports filtered in that the former National Chairman of the Action Alliance, Mr. Udeze Kenneth Obidiche was ‘abducted’, when he went to carry out some transactions in a bank, somewhere in Abuja.
While some newspapers correctly reported that he was apprehended by security operatives, others, incorrectly or mischievously reported that he was merely taken by ‘unidentified gunmen’.
Some mischievous PDP hatchet writers, led by the notorious political yahoo yahoo boy, Michael Ikeagwuonu, who goes by the alias, Ikenga Ugochinyere Imo, went berserk with libelious publications, in a most stupefying attempt to drag the name of His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, the AA governorship candidate, into the matter, in an obvious attempt to bail his ‘partner’.
Following the rash of misinformation sponsored by the PDP and its agents, we have made some inquiries with the National leadership of the Action Alliance and security agencies, who have volunteered relevant information on the matter, and we wish to state as follows:
- His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu does not have any personal problems with Mr. Kenneth Udeze and would not have resorted to any extrajudicial alternative, even if there were issues between them.
- It is public knowledge that the National Working Committee of the Action Alliance had petitioned and openly beckoned on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and other anti-graft agencies to investigate the suspended national Chairman over issues relating to the diversion of over 100 Million Naira Party funds.
- Udeze is also said to be facing criminal investigations initiated by some members of the Party against him, over issues bordering on fraud, perjury, and impersonation.
- According to reliable sources within the Action Alliance and the security agencies, the present predicament of Mr. Udeze may not be unconnected with a pending criminal investigation, initiated against him by the Osun State Police Command, following complaints from the State Chairman of the AA in Osun State. (Copies of the petition is attached to this release)
- The complaint is said to border on Kenneth Udeze’s fraudulent activities during the 2018 governorship election in Osun State, where he “fraudulently and without recourse to the Constitutional provisions and Electoral Guidelines, substituted the name of the authentic governorship candidate of the Party, with that of another, after money had exchanged hands.
- Detectives from the Osun State Police Command are said to have been on his trail for over one year now, and he had successfully evaded arrest, until yesterday when they succeeded in capturing him. The suspended National Secretary of the AA, Mr. James Vemimbe, who is a close ally of Mr. Udeze, had reportedly been arrested by the Osun State Police Command over the same issue, and arraigned in a Magistrates Court, where he was eventually taken on bail.
- Udeze, who is presently pushing hard to secure a bail, is fully aware of the roots of his present predicament and we urge him to focus more energy on clearing his name of the numerous criminal allegations against him, instead of trying to drag the name of some of the victims of his fraudulence into it.
- We urge the general public to discountenance the PDP funded falsehood, as it is part of its efforts to divert attention from its glaring misadventures in governance and impending eviction from the Imo Government House.
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Director, Media and Publicity
Ugwumba Uche Nwosu Campaign Organization.
31st August, 2019.