Prince Andrew may be forced to leave his home at the Royal Lodge soon if his brother King Charles has more to say about it, according to a new report.
The monarch, 74, could reportedly shut off the electricity at the Windsor abode in an effort to pressure the Duke of York, 63, to vacate the premises more quickly, a source has said.
A friend of the disgraced royal told the Daily Mail recently that Andrew is “refusing to budge” from the home and is afraid that Charles could unplug the electric services.
“He is so fragile. He’s refusing to see anybody. This has been his family home for the past 20 years. Is it really sensible to kick him out?” the insider wondered.
“He’s concerned that now the coronationis over, the knives are out,” the source added. “He’s worried that the royals might even turn off the utilities to get him out of there. But we’re dealing with human beings, not real estate.”
The 30-bedroom home was given to Andrew in 2002, and he has been living there with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson.
Charles told his younger brother to leave the $37 million property last month, but the king was left “tired and furious,” sources told Page Six at the time.
He is even trying to persuade Andrew to move into Frogmore Cottage, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s former home.
Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are allegedly eyeing Andrew’s Royal Lodge.
Andrew is hoping to talk to the sovereign in person in order to discuss the ordeal and come to an arrangement.
“If Charles wants Andrew to play ball and help the family through these difficult times, aren’t there better ways of going about it?” his friend explained to the Daily Mail.
“Why not do the decent thing: sit down and talk? If they need the house for William, perhaps Andrew should be told.”
The Post has reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment.
Andrew was infamously stripped of his royal and military honors in 2022 by his late mother, Queen Elizabeth, last year.
He had stepped down officially from his duties in 2019 following accusations of sexual abuse due to his association with convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew then made an appearance at Charles’ coronation on May 6, wearing his royal Garter robes and regalia.
While he was reportedly allowed to secretly pose for the official coronation portraits after the grand religious crowning at Westminster Abbey, a source dished that his photos will probably never be released to the public.
The prince was even able to wear his sacred robes while taking photos, shot by photographer Hugo Burnand.
“Andrew wanted to be included in the photo shoot and requested that there would be time in the schedule for him to be photographed,” they told the Telegraphon May 12.
“He wanted to make sure there was an official record of his participation in his brother’s coronation,” they noted. “But it is unlikely the images will be released by the palace.”